Friday, August 26, 2016

BRASS CANDLESTICKS

I love candles. I dread to think how many candlesticks, candleabras, tealight holders etc. that I actually own. When I lived in Galway city, one of our neighbours said to the other, 'They're hippies! All those candles!' (He was obviously peering in our sitting room window at night.)


Anyway, this pair of brass candlesticks were €2 each in one of our local charity shops. They're heavy and I guessed that they were real brass because of their weight. I double checked that by putting a magnet beside them - brass is not magnetic.

I stuck them in the freezer for an hour to make it easier to clean off ground-in wax and then I was going to polish them up, but I like the patina of age and use, so have decided to leave them as they are.

Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment